Hello everyone and happy December! I've been over the top busy with Christmas stuff and crafts, but haven't blogged a lick...sorry. Today, I have a project I've worked on and off of for weeks, and am just getting around to showing it to you. If Barbie and Ken had a cabin in the woods that they celebrate Christmas in, this would be their tree! Can you believe you see no red here??? I can't, and it was hard to do. Grab a large snack and cup of tea...lots to share. Enjoy!
|This actually started off as an Idea-ology Large Configurations Book from Tim Holtz, but I needed it to go another way, so I cut off the book front, trimmed it down, and added it back to the bottom with added cardboard and Ranger Multi Medium.|
|I used Design Tape to cover up the edges and sides, and a little Black Soot Distress Paint.|
|I covered the back and bottom with paper from an older Tim Christmas stash, and inked the edges with Gathered Twigs.|
|I mixed up some of Wendy Vecchi's Tree Branch Archival ReInker and Rubbing Alcohol in a bottle, as per Wendy's instructions, and misted it over Tim's Tissue Wrap. Then I stamped various Christmas images from Tim and Stamper's Anonymous using Black Soot Archival Ink.|
|I tore the Tissue Wrap and collage it over the background wall with Multi Matte Medium. I so wish I had a life sized wall that looked like this.|
|To make the tree skirt, I used several pieces of Tim's Eclectic Elements Fabric, and his new thread...love it! I just winged it...no pattern...and created the triangle pieces and an octagon base piece.|
|Once all the pieces were stitched around the edges, I stitched them together.|
|I pulled off the brad backs on the Jingle Brads, and used the new Craft Thread...LOVE this stuff...to stitch the bells onto the ends of the triangles.|
|Here is the finished tree skirt...I want it life size too...maybe next year.|
|I painted over the Foundations Feet with Paint Dabbers, and then dabbed over Mushroom Alcohol Ink.|
|I cut a small dowel about 9 inches tall, and painted it and a wooded knob with Gathered Twigs Distress Paint. This will be the trunk and anchor for the tree. I glued the dowel into the knob.|
|To create the angel, I die cut Tim's Angelic from Sizzix with Shrink Plastic, painted and stamped over it to make it look crackled, and then baked it in the over for about 2 minutes....it worked fast! I added a spring on the back to make it easy to attach to the tree top. Shrink Plastic ROCKS!|
|I inked over the edges of the blocks with Ground Espresso Archival, and then glued them together. I colored the pinecones with Mushroom Alcohol Ink, and then rubbed Glossy Accents over the pinecones and dipped them into Rock Candy Distress Glitter.|
I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!