Friday, September 22, 2017

Birthday Star Distress Crayons Card

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by! Today, I have another card...just one more to go...that I made for the Ranger Ink Booth at Creativation this year, made Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. I so enjoyed making this, and it was a pretty fast make. Hope you like it! Oh...I apologize for the large watermarks on the tutorial photos...didn't realize I did it and saved it before it was too late.
I covered two pieces of card size black cardstock with Matte Distress Glaze Medium.
Using my finger, I covered both cards with several colors of Distress Crayon. I placed various stencils on top of the cards, and used a damp rag to remove the stenciled images I wanted. I love this technique!
I die cut the stars from the extra piece to use as embellishment, and have a few for another project.
I outlined some of the stenciled images with white pen, and then used the cap of White Picket Fence along with the paint to make circles on the card and stars.
I used the crayons to draw stripes on some Crinkle Ribbon, and misted it with water. Then I rubbed and crinkled it up, and let it dry.
I mounted the star on white cardstock, misted  it with Brushed Pewter Mica Spray, added the sentiment, and tied on the ribbon, before sewing around the card. Then I adhered the card on more white cardstock. I added the metal star to the ribbon to finish it up.
    
 
 
I have one more card to show you from the show. Until then, thank you so much for looking!

Supplies:

I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!

Monday, September 18, 2017

Wendy Vecchi Autumn Stamp Binder For Ranger

Hello everybody! I hope this post finds all of you well. I am sorry it's been such a long while since I've been here. Life has been different, and I am trying to find a new way to manage my time...ugh. Anyway, today I have a tutorial up on the Ranger blog for making this Autumn Scene Wendy Vecchi Stamp Binder, using tons of her inks, embossing powders, Mat Minis, and Art Parts. I love to make Art that also function as organizational items, and this binder holds about 10 sets of Wendy's stamps. It's the best of both worlds. This would also be a great cover to an Art Journal. I hope you enjoy!
 
 
 
 
I'll be back soonish with my last two cards from Creativation this year.  Thank you so much for looking, and for all the comments!
I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Steampunk Bird Card

Hello All! I'm still moving and shaking, but it's been a tough few months. Thank you truly for all the cards, messages, and emails, checking in on me. I appreciate it more than you know, and apologize for being so quiet, but it was hard to talk after the wind was knocked out of me, and my mother has needed me immensely. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, and despite having to cancel and reschedule some work obligations, I have started back and even taught a few classes the last few weeks, but thought it time to get back to blogging. Thank you to those who have been so patient with me. 
I made this card for Ranger for the Creativation show this year, and it was hands down my favorite card for the booth...more me...so I thought it right to show you this card after my long absence, using lots of Tim Holtz goodies (especially Mica Spray), and hopefully get my mind back in the game. Hope you like it.
Have you tried Sizzix Ink Sheets yet??? They are way too cool, and so easy to use...several colors too. First, I cut the black card to size, and painted Tim's Distress Peacock Feathers Paint over it, leaving a border. Once dried, I placed the card inside the Texture Fade, and placed the Ink Sheet over it, matte side down, closed it, and ran through my Vagabond. When you use the Ink Sheet, the debossed portions have the color in them. The ink is matte and not shiny at all. You can even use your finger or a stylus to make marks...sort of like the old carbon copy paper, but not messy at all.
I misted a little Brushed Pewter Distress Mica Spray on the craft sheet, and then slid the edges of the card into the mix so that only the borders had the sheen.
I rubbed Vintage Photo Archival Ink over the raised portions of the card to give it a rusted look.
I die cut the bird with black cardstock and then embossed it with the Airmail Texture Fade.
I used a paintbrush to paint over the raised images with Antique Bronze Distress Mica Spray. I loved the look so much I decided to do it again on the card...see below.
I added it to just a few spots.
I took lots of Idea-ology metal pieces, and gave them a random covering of both Vintage Photo Archival...straight from the pad...and Peacock Feathers paint. Then I misted on the three colors of Mica Spray on various pieces. The Mica adds a cool effect to the metal, and they all look very old and rusted.
I sewed around the card, and then mounted it to a white card base. I thought the bird needed a pop too, so I mounted it on white too, and cut it out leaving a border.
I adhered and glued all the metal pieces on the bird, foam taped it, and then added Remnant Rubs and Small Talk words to the card.
  
 
 
 
Thank you for all the comments, and I promise I will get by to visit you bloggers soon! Hugs everyone! 

Supplies:

I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!