I'm back...a little later than I said, sorry...I've been preparing for taxes...yuck! Anywho, here are all the wonderful pieces of Art that were included in the 2016 Ranger Ink Designer's Challenge. They were all wonderful, and I'm sure everyone (I know I was!!!) was honored to be asked to use Tim Holtz's new Distress Crayons! They are WONDERFUL to use, and I need every color! Each of us were only given one pack, #8 tags to use, and Dina Wakley's new Media Board for the substrate, and then left to discover on our own. Pure JOY I tell you! I've also included the tutorial for how I created mine titled "Roses are Red", so grab some sustenance!!!
2016 Ranger Ink Designer's Challenge - Distress Crayons
Aren't they all so unique and different?!! I love love love to see everyone's style, and the way we've all used the same goods, but they are all completely different.
I took inspiration from my own den! The bricks were modeled after the ones on my fireplace, which I painted years ago, and the table too, which I inherited from my Grandparents. Then I took my favorite color red (I used the whole crayon up!!!) to create the roses, and inserted them into a wax vase, YES WAX!
|I used Glue N Seal to adhere dictionary pages to Wendy's Clearly for Art for the roses.|
|I mashed up some of the Festive Berries Distress Crayon (So super luscious and soft!) and mixed it with water to make a paint.|
|I die cut the Clearly for Art with Tim's Sizzix large and small Tattered Pinecones, and painted them with the Festive Berries Crayon. I did the same with the leaves from the Garden Greens die.|
|To make the table, I adhered chipboard to Tim's Core'dinations cardstock and die cut the pieces with Vintage Cabinet Card die, and then layered them onto themselves for a 3D beveled table look.|
|I colored the table with stripes of Festive Berries, and then coated the whole thing with Black Tie Paint Dabber. Then I used a paper towel to wipe away the paint that was resisted from the crayon. COOL!|
|Back to the substrate, I decided to smudge on Fossilized Amber Crayon with my finger all over the board, darker in some areas and lighter, then I did some stamping with Tim's Stamper's Anonymous script from the Letters to Santa stamp set with Wendy's Watering Can Archival. Then I smashed up some more Distress Crayon and added it to Wendy's White Embossing Paste, and spread it through Tim's Brick Layering Stencil here and there. I didn't like how orange the bricks were, so when it dried, I coated them with Fossilized Amber Distress Crayon with a baby wipe. I added dots of Paint Dabber here and there on the bricks, and outlined them with a Hickory Smoke Distress Marker. Then I loved them!|
Thank you Ranger and Tim for asking me to be a part of this!!! I was so so so honored, and it was just a joy to my creative heart!
I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!