Many moons ago, Jessica Sporn, had asked me to use some of her new stamps from Rubber Moon Stamps in a project. Of course I said yes, but alas, it took me a while to use them...sorry Jessica.
I just love the curlycue shape in these stamps...something I am always drawn to. I wanted the peacock to have lots of color and in no particular pattern, so I decided to watercolor it and use Ken Oliver's Color Burst to do it.
|I stamped the peacock on tissue paper using Jet Black twice, as I know the tissue paper will be see through on the paper once I adhere it with Ranger's Multi Matte Medium. I cut these out and used only the tail portion on the second stamped piece. I adhered that to the bottom of the whole peacock to elongate the tail area.|
|I added the colors of the peacock where I wanted it to go. Once dry, I placed Multi Matte Medium over the colors, and added my tissue paper peacock. It just melds in.|
|I stamped the tree using Tim's Distress Paint in Walnut Stain, and the leaves, now bushes, in Pine Needles and Peeled Paint. I also added Mermaid Lagoon Paint to some of the areas of the peacock.|
|I added more and more color to the background, again just in long globs, then I tapped the paintbrush making spots and splashes of color.|
|I used a white and black gel pen to define a few things, and then decided I needed some stamping. I used Wendy's Script stamp and her Sky Blue Archival in the sky area. I also used Tim's grassy looking lines stamp in the meadow area with Fern Green Archival.|
|Then I stamped the Lots of Leaves image from Wendy in the meadow area using Buttercup.|
I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!