Friday, May 30, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - May

True to form, I've left my May tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2014, until the last minute! Why oh why do I wait until the end of the month when I am so stoked to see the tag at the beginning of the month, and can't wait to play??? I hope some of you can relate!
I think I took nearly 100 pictures of the whole tag in various locations, under different lighting, etc., but I just could not get the right look on tag. The pictures do not do it justice. Sorry. The close up photos are much better though.
I used Tim's Wrinkle Resist technique for the base of my tag. I know what you are thinking if you follow my blog a lot...PINK??? Yes...I felt the need for pink for some reason!
I wanted to use all the eye images in my Tim arsenal. I think I achieved that. I love the new Debossing fun!

Oh...I've almost forgotten...I am not getting any feed on the blogs I follow for some strange reason, so if I haven't visited you in a while, I am so sorry. I hope to get this fixed soon. 
I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

CC3C - Faux Tea Roses

Happy Saturday everyone crafty! Today marks another challenge in the new Compendium of Curiosities III Challenge!!! I can't believe that this is the third one already...time flies!  The Curiosity Crew and I, again want to thank you all for all the wonderful comments as well as all the entries from the Distress Glitter Challenge! We really are having a very hard time choosing a a Curiosity Crew winner. You all make such gorgeous entries, and I know it inspires me every week. Thank you truly! 
This challenge, number three is about Making Faux Tea Roses... a favorite I am sure! I hope as many or more of you play along on this beautiful floral challenge so you can win some amazing fabulous prizes donated by the ever generous Tim and Mario, and this third challenge's sponsor, Inspiration Emporium!!! Talk about some amazing loot! You will have two weeks to complete this challenge and link it up to the CC3Challenge site, and you can read all the rules here. Please take the time to visit every member of the Curiosity Crew (See below.) for not only some beautiful flower inspiration, but for a chance to win some extra goodies!
I had made several of Tim's faux tea roses and had them laying around on my craft table, so I was thrilled to be able to use some of them on this project. (;0) for a certain somebody with inside information!!!) I love his technique for making them! AND, I have wanted to use the Window Box die for sometime, so I thought these two would be a perfect marriage for a warm day scene!

I die cut several layers of the window box, the rectangle shape, and a lacey strip using Grunge Paper and Board, and cardstock. I also embossed one of the rectangle pieces with the Candy Stripe Texture Fade, but at an angle, to mimic shutter doors.
I layered and layered pieces of everything on their corresponding pieces, and gave every thing a few coats of Picket Fence Distress Paint. I added the lacy strip for decor on the flower box. The shutter were made with half pieces of the rectangle, then dry embossed, and then window pane pieces on top. I LOVE this Window Box die!!!
I wanted a stained glass look to the window, so it was Frosted Film to the rescue. I think it is so cool that you can stamp on it. I colored in the images with Distress Markers and then cut them to fit into each window pane.
I cannot get enough of the Burlap Panel...can't you tell?!! I painted it a little with Picket Fence Distress Paint, and then decided to add some bricks. I colored Wendy Vecchi's Embossing Paste with Re-Inkers in Festive Berries and Black Soot, gave it a little mix, and then swiped it onto Wendy's Bricked Stencil for Art. I wanted an irregular look, so I didn't worry about being careful.
After it was dry, I rubbed a Jet Black Archival Ink Pad directly onto the bricks, and then added a few specks of Picket Fence Distress Paint to some of the bricks too! Hello WALL!!! I almost didn't want to cover it up!
I decided the shutters needed some black, so out came the Black Soot Distress Paint. I used an exacto knife to cut the slats apart for a more realistic look, and then came fabulous Idea-ology hardware.
I wanted a little more greenery so out came the Garden Greens die, but I wanted them to stand out a little, so I cut them with Ranger s Metal  Foil Tape Sheets, and then colored them with one of the new colors of Alcohol Ink, Botanical! I love how vibrant it is. The sentiment is one of Wendy's from the Garden Art Stamp Set...perfect!
If you haven't joined in on all the fun at CC3, I hope you do so soon! You learn so much, plus you can win a lot of amazing product!


I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!