As crafters we buy a lot of stuff...well at least I do (zip it hubby)! Stuff that we either love and can't live without. Stuff that we like, look at, and think we will use someday (zip). Stuff we don't like (in some cases "yet") and horde or give away (ZIP IT PLEASE!). And, sometimes we buy stuff we already had...just did that a few weeks ago...oops! I don't know why I don't use up every single bit of everything before I buy more, or at least stick with a certain genre of art for awhile before moving on with another. I think I have a craft product sickness...or as some (hubby) would call it crap product sickness, i.e. "crap-booking". I probably need a 12 step program, but it would have to involve inking, painting, gluing, and cutting homework before I would even sign up. I have brilliantly managed to fit most of it in a 7 x 7 foot space...until somebody (hubby) builds me an awesome studio. Anyway, here is my list of all my favorite products from this year, and even though some have been around longer, I only started using them this year.
In No Particular Order:
1. Core'dinations Paper - TH Kraft-Core; Core Impressions for Graphic 45, Jenni Bowlin, and Cosmo Cricket; Color Core Cardstock for TH and Ranger, and Black Magic (Yummo...I love paper! I totally understand why goats eat it!)
3. TH Idea-ology Tissue Wrap (Both designs...need more please Tim!)
4. Cosmo Crickett Glubbers...those really large glue dots great for flowers and rosette dies (I'm told you can make your own. Someone give me the tutorial.)
5. Dies & Fades - All TH Alterations Mini's (Hello!..The big ones are grand and now little ones...love them!); TH Alterations Texture Fades in the Jack, Queen, King (How cool are those? I need stamps too please Tim!); and you guessed it...TH Alterations...duh!...Mini Rosettes and Vintage Lace (Just got the latter, and have already been playing.)
6. Prima's Shabby Chic Treasure Pieces - Chandelier, Candelabra, Bicycle, and Birdcages (I love everything metal! These rock!)
7. TH Distress Stain - Every single color, but especially White Picket Fence and Black Soot. (This is probably the most genius of all projects this year!)
8. Stamps - (Oh no...get ready!) Hero Arts (All the vintage lady ones.); Graphic 45 for Hampton Art Vintage Ladies (Who knew they even made stamps?); Pink Persimmon Antiquated Collection by Lisa M. Pace (All of them are fantastic!); Artistic Outpost (The Paris and SteamPunk ones.)
9. TH Distress Ink in Festive Berries, Iced Spruce, and Gathered Twigs (The latter is my new favorite. Vintage Photo is now gathering dust.)
10. Wendy Vecchi Studion 490 Art Parts "Clearly for Art Blackout" Modeling Film (Phew...that is a mouthful!) (This stuff is amazing when heated. The possibilities are endless!)
I really do have issues! Please tell me I'm not the only one! Leave a comment and let me know your favs for this year as well! And, before anyone asks, no, I did not get paid to advertise for any of this. They are just my favorites and my opinion. Happy New Year's Eve everyone! I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!